Thursday, January 15, 2009

UK YEAR END CHARTS (1970 - 1979)

1979
01. ART GARFUNKEL : Bright eyes
02. BLONDIE : Heart of glass
03. CLIFF RICHARD : We dont talk anymore
04. BOOMTOWN RATS : I dont like Mondays
05. DR. HOOK : When you're in love with a beautiful woman
06. GLORIA GAYNOR : I will survive
............................................................

1978
01. BONEY M : Rivers of Babylon/Brown girl in the ring
02. JOHN TRAVOLTA & OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN : You're the one that I want
03. JOHN TRAVOLTA & OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN : Summer nights
04. COMMODORES : Three times a lady
05. BEE GEES : Night fever
06. ABBA : Take a chance on me
..........................................................

1977
01. PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS : Mull of Kintyre
02. DAVID SOUL : Dont give up on us
03. JULIE COVINGTON : Dont cry for me Argentina
04. LEO SAYER : When I need you
05. ABBA : Knowing me, knowing you
06. ELVIS PRESLEY : Way down
......................................................

1976
01. BROTHERHOOD OF MAN : Save your kisses for me
02. ELTON JOHN & KIKI DEE : Dont go breaking my heart
03. PUSSYCAT : Mississippi
04. ABBA : Dancing queen
05. DR. HOOK : A little bit better
06. CHICAGO : If you leave me now
...................................................

1975
01. BAY CITY ROLLERS : Bye bye baby
02. ROD STEWART : Sailing
03. STYLISTICS : Cant give you anything
04. WINDSOR DAVIS & DON ESTELLE : Whispering grass
05. TAMMY WYNETTE : Stand by your man
06. BAY CITY ROLLERS : Give a little love
...........................................................

1974
01. MUD : Tiger feet
02. TERRY JACKS : Seasons in the sun
03. PAPER LACE : Billy, dont be a hero
04. THREE DEGREES : When will I see you again
05. GEORGE McCREA : Rock your baby
06. DAVID ESSEX : Gonna make you a star
...........................................................

1973
01. TONY ORLANDO & DAWN : Tie a yellow ribbon
02. SIMON PARK : Eye level
03. PETERS & LEE : Welcome home
04. SWEET : Block buster
05. SLADE : Cum on feel the noize
06. GARY GLITTER : I love you love me love
.............................................................

1972
01. ROYAL SCOTS DRAGOON GUARDS : Amazing grace
02. LIEUTENANT PIGEON : Mouldy old dough
03. DONNY OSMOND : Puppy love
04. NILSSON : Without you
05. NEW SEEKERS : I'd like to teach the world to sing
06. CHICORY TIP : Son of my father
...........................................................

1971
01. GEORGE HARRISON : My sweet lord
02. ROD STEWART : Maggie May/ Reason to believe
03. MIDDLE OF THE ROAD : Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep
04. TONY ORLANDO & DAWN : Knock three times
05. T REX : Hot love
06. MIXTURES : Pushbike song
..........................................................

1970
01. ELVIS PRESLEY : The wonder of you
02. CHRISTIE : Yellow river
03. MUNGO JERRY : In the summertime
04. FREDA PAYNE : Band of gold
05. SHIRLEY BASSEY : Something
06. LEE MARVIN : Wanderin' star